Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ben's 24th Birthday

Since Christmas, I've sat awake at night waiting for Ben's birthday, planning what I would give him, how I would make it special.  His birthday was yesterday, finally!!! So After much going back and forth trying to figure out whether to make cake or pie, I decided to make both.  Maybe it was overkill, but it was completely worth it.  I wanted to make Ben's first married birthday to be one to remember, to be special.  I ended up having to make my own decorations out of computer paper, floss and wrapping paper tape so Ben wouldn't wonder why the budget was messed up this month, but I think it turned out pretty well.  I enjoyed decorating and baking and putting his little "party" together.  I can't wait to do it more often.

For dinner we had pomogranate margaritas and Pad Thai and for dessert we had chocolate coconut cream pie and carrot cake.  Have I mentioned how much I love pinterest?  I find the best recipes there.


I was super excited to make this cake! I haven't made one since we got married, so I haven't been able to use the super amazing cake stand that Kim and David got us for the wedding.  I'm so mad that I hadn't used it until yesterday. It made decorating so easy! It turns on the base so you can decorate from all sides!!


 
I told Ben that his cake is starting to look like one an old man would have because the candles cover the whole surface! I can't believe we're almost halfway through our 20s already! When I met the 14 year old Ben 9 years ago I never thought this day would come so quickly.







 


After all was said and done, I think Ben had a pretty good birthday.  I had the use of such little resources, and I hate to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished.  I hope this gives a little bit of insight into how much potential I have to plan more events in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment