Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Design: Julie's Dallas Apartment

It has taken me since early July to get all of these details finalized, and yet, I feel like we still have more to do.  My sister Julie is probably the busiest person I know. She goes to Southern Methodist University, has a double major, and makes sure to constantly be cast in the dance shows.  She is always on the run.

So last year, when I went to Maryland, Julie finally moved into an apartment, and when I visited, I realized that she had not yet had the time to decorate.  But what could I do? I was 1300 miles away, and the apartment is most definitely not portable (come on Star Trek, can't you create a REAL teleporter that we can all use?)  When we finally moved back, I jumped at the chance to decorate my sister's apartment.  I knew that it would be a huge task to make it perfect especially with her running between yoga and summer school classes.  But I also knew that it would give me design experience.  Anyways: I know ya'll didn't really want to hear that whole long winded explanation, so here are the pictures.

First I designed a little sign for the kitchen.  Julie had mentioned that she and her roommate both really love France, and on top of that Julie really loves coffee. So I painted this for them.





Since her roommate hasn't moved in yet, we decided it would be best to move on to Julie's bedroom.  She love Audrey Hepburn (as many of us do), so I decided to use a very famous quote on a canvas surrounded by two canvas' that held my own designs to put above her bed.




Above her desk space, we put some reminders of her favorite cities, London, Paris, and New York.  I'm so proud to say that each of the framed pictures was taken by either myself, my husband or Julie.  We're a pretty proud bunch.  Then she had an old London decoration that had fallen off of her dorm room wall her Freshman year of college, so I added some ribbon to the back and hung it up.





And finally, Julie's bathroom was finished.  It had originally been a grey and white and black color scheme, but she wanted a pop of color.  This part was easy! I'd already taken so many pictures of gorgeous flowers in Washington DC and Maryland.  I had this covered.  Again, I'm really proud to say that these are my pictures taken with my amazing Canon.




Hopefully soon, we'll get something up in her living room.  Until then, at least she's in love with her bedroom.  It's a proud day to be Sarah Carpenter today, if I do say so myself!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment