Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Shabby Chic" Weddings

Today I spent my Sunday hanging out with the hubby and watching him work on my frustrating website. So I decided that I needed some wedding-love inspiration. What did I do? Of course I turned on WE TV's wedding Sunday, my favorite day of the week for Women's Entertainment. and of course my favorite wedding planner ever, David Tutera, was working his magic once again. I only caught the end of his show, "My Fair Wedding", but that's my favorite part! He had planned the perfect "Shabby Chic" wedding with old fashion cake stands holding the cutest cupcakes, a hodge podge of vintage chairs, and several styles of short and tall garden variety floral arrangements. I fell in love! I have officially become obsessed with lace and peonies, with vintage chandeliers and dahlias. I have become a "shabby chic" wedding girl.

Everything about this wedding reiterated the reason I want to plan weddings. It's about giving all brides and grooms the chance to feel surrounded in beauty and art and love on their wedding day. I just can't wait to see the faces of newly wed couples when I've given them the wedding of their dreams *sigh*. I just wish those days could come faster.

Thank God for pinterest and its abundance of ways to make me feel like I'm actually working while staring at beautiful wedding pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    You are going to be an amazing wedding AND event planner, I am so excited for you and look forward to following your posts! You are so creative and perfect for this! Best of luck girl!

    ReplyDelete