Monday, March 26, 2012

Floral Arrangements







This past weekend, my amazing husband bought me a bouquet of gorgeous flowers, but there was something off about them. The florist had added filler... oh so much filler. The poor flowers had been squished under eucalyptus, something that looked like cabbage, and long stems of tiny red leaves that I didn't recognize. So I tore the bouquet apart and piece by piece arranged the flowers into three mason jars in the living room. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself. Then today, he bought me some yellow tulips which I immediately separated into another mason jar and a champagne bottle.
Messing with my flowers got me to thinking about just how important florals/florists are to a wedding. They set the mood for the gorgeous event, whether it's to be formal or fun, casual, country, funky. Flowers are probably the most important part. Even if the decision is to not include flowers at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment