Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wedding Etiquette Tips

Hello all!

It is such a lovely spring Saturday in Maryland! The sun is shining, the flowers are in full bloom, and naturally, I'm sitting inside of my apartment. What can I say? The pollen up here drives my skin crazy!

But enough about that!

Today I want to talk about vendor etiquette, no not the etiquette your vendors should use! Quite the opposite actually! Let's talk about how a bride and groom (or really anyone planning any sort of event should act).

Scenario: You are a bride emailing venues, photographers, DJs, florists, cake artists etc. You get emails back from them all, maybe even interview them, but when it comes down to it, you only choose one. What happens to the other ones?

Now you may think, "I didn't email that _____ that I wanted to use him/her for my wedding, so she/he should understand I'm going in a different direction! Right?"

Wrong.

It is very important that when you decide on a vendor, you have the courtesy to call or email the others and let them down easily. They might be holding your date for you and losing business! Sure they don't work for you, but think about how many other brides they could be working for!!

You may think it is a waste of your time, that you're too busy to email all those vendors! But it only takes a short email. It can even ben one you've composed once and changed the name and profession in! Just remember that these amazing vendors are all very busy too! One wedding is stressful! Think about how many they are involved in at one time!

It's easy, it's nice, it's respectful! Please love the people who work for you! They are amazing, hardworking vendors who deserve to be treated right.

Now, that wasn't too painful, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment