Friday, July 6, 2012

Everything is better in Texas

For the first time ever since I got married, I'm living in Texas with my husband!  Our first year of marriage in Maryland was amazing, and I will never regret it.  We had so many fun adventures and got to feel important living so close to our nation's capital, but there's nothing like coming home.  Part of me still doesn't feel like we're staying.  Just moments ago I had the thought that I'd leave something packed so it wouldn't be a pain when I go back, but I'm NOT going back!! It's such a relief. 

Yesterday, while running errands with Ben, he said he could already tell how much happier and more confident I am here.  I actually drove to the store and to get my very very expired inspection taken care of (oops!!!).  It's amazing what a year of fearing insane traffic will do to make you appreciate the crazy drivers here in Dallas. 

Today I'm excited to be helping my sister design the decor for her apartment. This makes me feel like I'm putting my event design skills to the test and to work.  And tomorrow I'm headed out to a Rangers game.  I've never been to one before.  Again, it's insane what a year of being away will make you appreciate and do.

That's all for now.  P.S. I promised a picture from our anniversary shoot, and here it is! Kara was amazing!!!
Photo by Click Chick Images


No comments:

Post a Comment