Monday, July 16, 2012

Officially Mrs. Carpenter

I know, I know. It doesn't make sense that after a year and almost a month of marriage, I'm titling this blog post "officially Mrs. Carpenter."  Or it doesn't make sense if you don't know that I actually never did change my name after Ben and I got married.  Was it because I was avoiding social security and the DPS?  Was I too lazy?  Actually, it was purely due to the fact that I didn't want to have a Maryland Driver's License.  I wanted to move.  I have to admit that I was being pretty optimistic because we might not have been blessed by such a quick move, and my Texas Driver's license expires in August.  I would have had to get a Maryland license in a few short months anyways.

Needless to say, I got home, and almost immediately, started the process of becoming Mrs. C! So far it's been pretty easy.  I've already taken care of many of the little details of changing my name (well let's not pretend the DPS has been anything short of a pain in the butt). But while we're on the subject, can I just express my deepest sigh of relief in finding out that I didn't have to spend the almost 40 dollars on software that would have been a waste of my time?

Yes, there is a software that all brides can by called a name change kit. I almost bought this completely overpriced kit so many times thinking that this process was supposed to involve all sorts of crazy paper work.  Am I just lucky?

So... just a note to brides out there considering the name change kits.  Do some research before you buy it, and make sure that it's actually necessary for you to change your name.  Most places just require your marriage license and proof of age. That's it! Easy Peasy.

1 comment:

  1. i agree! i only had to present my marriage license and current drivers license or passport, so it was really easy! definitely not worth the money to buy one of those expensive kits!

    congrats mrs. carpenter!

    ReplyDelete