Sunday, November 4, 2012

Loofas, Dress Shopping, and so much LOVE

 


This past weekend, the bridal fun began for one of my dearest friends, Kim.  We met in college when we both joined ADPi in the spring of 2008.  I didn't know that she would become one of my best friends and a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I didn't know that she would ask me to be in her wedding as well.  She got engaged last December, and I was honored that her fiance proposed to her while they were visiting us in Maryland!  Of course, when she asked me to be in the wedding, I couldn't refuse!

When the bridal party (6 bridesmaids and 2 junior bridesmaids and, obviously, the bride) plus her mother and grandmother and her fiance's family headed out to begin the search, we had no idea what we were looking for.  I have to admit that I was skeptical that we would go home with a dress that same day.  I pictured fights breaking out amongst the bridesmaids, yelling, and threats of getting kicked out of the wedding, threats of burning the dress that was decided upon.  None of us are that crazy so my thoughts were a little far fetched (okay a little more than a little), but when you watch too much Say Yes to the Dress Bridesmaids on TLC (which I do) you start to feel like all trips to the bridal store will end up in drama and an extremely emotional traumatic experience.  And on top of the drama I made up in my own head, Kim is one of the nicest people I know.  She wanted us to like the dresses and to give input. She didn't want to make us wear a dress we didn't like. I really thought we'd never agree!

None of that happened.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, was perfectly on board.  Strangely, we all seem to have similar tastes to each other, to the family and to the bride.  Does this happen very often? I'm going to guess not.  We literally only went to three places in 6 hours and picked a dress that we all agreed on. 

And not only did we have fun trying on the dresses, taking pictures of the funny ones and gorgeous ones, but we got to see Kim, who most of us don't get to see very often.  It's getting so close to her wedding now, and I can't wait to shower her in gifts, have fun at her bachelorette party, and stand next to her when she marries her best friend like she did for me. 



Photo: Winner!
 
This was the winner!!! HAHA Just kidding.  This was the decoy.  The actually dress is not see through, nor does it look like "a loofa" (those are Torrie's exact words hahah).

No comments:

Post a Comment