Thursday, September 20, 2012

Already Lovin' Autumn

 


As of tomorrow, it is officially AUTUMN! Yippee!!! I pretty much love every season, but I absolutely LOVE Fall (and winter... actually I can't decide. I really love them all... in their own time, and right now is the time for fall). 


Fall
 
So all I can think of are pumpkins and bales of hay and spices like cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg.  I absolutely love the fact that, this year, fall includes colors like turquoise and eggplant and mustard yellow.  Oh so pretty.  I'm ready for orange Gerber daisies and painting pumpkins and temperatures in the mid 60s or 70s! (I'm looking to God on that last one. Pretty Pretty please!) I'm ready for light jackets and ankle boots and falling leaves.  I've already changed my Windows background to the colors of fall in Japan.  Am I a little obsessed? Yes.  Do I think that makes me passionate enough to put together a mean fall event? Of course!!!!

Pinned Image
 
I'm pretty sure my husband dreads this time of year.... I pretty much start spending money on Bath and Body Works Candles (four at a time :)) in September and don't stop spending money on candles, decorations, and ornaments until after Christmas.  And my having a Pottery Barn Member Card does not help.  (I have tried to convince myself that it does when I get my rewards, but I'm pretty sure I spend wayyyy more than I save.)

I do have to admit that I don't like Halloween--ewww.  I know.. it's sad, but honestly, it's always really freaked me out... ever since I was little with the trick or treating down the street, and the guy that always sat on his porch pretending to be a scarecrow.... and all those movies with the chopping off of the heads and the evil, little leprechauns... *shutter*.  I will, however, allow my kids to participate in the fun tradition of dressing up and getting yummy candy as long as they love it. 

I LOVE Thanksgiving and I LOVE Candy Corn. Yum. So pretty much everything except for Halloween, and I'm good to go.  Plus... it's still football season, and the sound of football fans and announcers on the TV on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon really, truly screams fall to me.  I can't wait to start hosting fall festivals in my backyard and planning fall themed weddings and engagement parties.  It will be AMAZING!




Pinned Image
 
And above are some pinterest pictures of fall. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment