Sunday, September 2, 2012

My 24th Birthday Weekend

Happy Sunday everyone! I am newly back from a very exciting trip/birthday present (which will be discussed later), and I am ready to get writing. Just a warning: this is going to be a me, me, me blog today. :)
I am very pleased to say that I had a wonderful birthday.  It was, in fact, the first birthday I have celebrated in Dallas since my freshman year of college.  My college birthdays were very exciting seeing as how two of them were spent recruiting potential baby ADPi's and  last year's birthday, spent in rainy 84 degree Maryland, was a little lonely (made only better by my amazing husband, as usual).  So this year I wanted to celebrate my birthday right: with my family. Little did I know...

Thursday, August 23rd, my husband took me out for a little romantic dinner, just the two of us.  I have to applaud him for listening to me complain about having never eaten at a French Restaurant (even when we were in France... sad day).  However, I must say that he was fooled by D Magazine into thinking that this particular restaurant would be a hit with me.  Let's just say, we were the youngest couple in the whole place.... by about 30 years.  I could tell that it was a place for regulars and not a place for 4 1/2 inch heels and a little black dress, which I wore.  I must admit that the food was enjoyable and the dessert was delectible.  It was the best creme brule I've possibly ever had.  That night, Ben gave me my first birthday present: a trip to San Diego, California (which, again, will be discussed in a later blog). Needless to say I was pretty ecstatic! New York for Valentine's Day and now San Diego??? I'm one pretty lucky girl.

Friday, August 24th, or birthday-eve, Ben started me off with a day trip to the spa with the lovely and always enjoyable best friend, Ashley. We got massages and the most relaxing mani-pedi ever.. Oh My Lord. Everyone should try this place (Hiatus on Lovers Lane).



Then he invited an amazing group of friends to come out with us, eat a nice dinner and then hit up Up-Town Dallas.  I had a blast.  The company was amazing and there was fun had by all (I hope...at least... I had fun).  We ended up hanging out at Renfield's Corner, a casual place to have a few drinks, and just when everyone was heading out, some of Julie's SMU dance friends found us.  We then made the decision to go dancing...at the Den...


(Most of these pictures didn't come out good... we were all too gross and sticky)

Now I love going dancing, and I love going with my friends, but this placed was PACKED! Like Sardines packed, like dancing with people you don't know who come up behind you creepily packed.  Was I a little creeped out? Yes. Did I still have fun? Yes. Will I go again? I will more than likely keep trying my luck with the Up-Town Dancing scene.












On my actual birthday, August 25th, brunch was to be had by all. Yummy. My mom started us with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, fried tomato (amazing), and biscuits.  So by then I was stuffed.  My aunt and uncle came over later in the afternoon to celebrate with us.  Now this day had been planned around a sunny Saturday forcast.  And that didn't happen. It was cloudy and dreary all day, so we spent the day chatting inside and ended up ordering pizza since we didn't feel like making burgers outside in the cloudy cloudy backyard.  Birthday presents from my parents were amazingly JCrew-ed out (Ah. I love JCrew) with a touch of amazon gift card in there.  My mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Megan, made me the most beautiful quilt with all of my favorite colors.



Ghostly Sarah? I thought it was funny that this picture came out so creepy.

(I'm pretty much obsessed with this new scarf, from Jcrew obviously...It's from my amazing, beautiful sister.)


(Can you tell how much I am in love with these shoes?)


The evening was made even better by one of my most favorite cakes, the Berry Chantilly cake from Whole Foods Market.  I went to bed stuffed and happy that night.

 

Thank you to my wonderful husband, Benjamin, for taking pictures! And thank you yo my amazing parents for throwing me a wonderful birthday. I wouldn't have been the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment